The Purair® BIO BSC is designed to protect individuals, the environment, and products from a variety of biological particulates, serving as the primary barrier in life science research and experimentation.
Purair BIO Features & Benefits
- Easy to Install. The biosafety cabinet is self-contained and does not require venting to the outside. Units are portable and may be moved from one location to the next with minimal downtime and without filter changes. Set-up, operation and filter maintenance are straightforward.
- Energy Efficient. Because filtered air is returned to the room no demands are required of the facility HVAC capacity for make-up air.
- Cost Effective. Facility ductwork, HVAC and construction costs are eliminated.
- Safe to Use. Cabinet airflow and face velocity protect users from incidental exposure to particulates.
The Purair BIO uses AstroCel® HEPA filters to provide a range of high performance protection. These self-contained filters are designed to physically capture particles larger than 0.3 microns with >99.995% typical efficiency.
The AstroCel II Fluid Seal filters feature an integral groove filled with gel at the air inlet side, ensuring a perfect seal to the housing system. The aluminum frame guards against swelling typical of wooden framed filters. The filters do not contain aluminum separators to provide unobstructed airflow and superior filtration.
A patented HEPA filtration lock maintains filter efficiency, minimizes the chance of leakage and prolongs filter life. The filters can also be changed from the front side of the cabinet quickly and easily.
Energy Efficient Protection
- Extended filter life. Constant airflow design automatically adjusts air pressure to stabilize airflow and extend the life of the installed HEPA filters.
- More Air Volume. High torque capabilities transport more air volume and pressure than traditional AC motors.
- Energy Efficient. Over 80% of the output power is converted to kinetic energy to ensure ongoing energy savings over the life of the motor.
Electrical Safety and Certification
- All components meet or exceed applicable safety requirements.
- Each cabinet is individually tested for electrical safety at the factory and documentation specific to each tested cabinet is maintained on file.
- UL Listed for USA and Canada.
- Models available with NSF 49 and EN12469 certifications.
B. Removable Tray: Raised one-piece work surface lifts and removes for easy surface decontamination.
C. Durable Interior: The Purair BIO utilizes a heavy-gauge, one-piece liner with coved corners for easy cleaning and durability.
E. Double-wall Plenum Design: Double-wall design creates a unique plenum which surrounds contaminated areas with negative pressure, preventing the possibility of contamination from leaks in filter seal, gasket or cabinet structure.
F. Ergonomic Fit: The angled front, narrow-front grille, raised armrest and frameless sash create an ergonomic work environment. Unique front grille designed to provide the maximum product and personnel protection.
G. Clean: Single-piece stainless-steel work tray and front grille, lower drain pan with angled side, and single-piece work zone liner eliminate joints for superior cleanability.
H. Safe: HEPA ﬁlters (Class H14) tested to a typical efficiency of >99.99% for 0.3 micron particles.
I. Robust Cabinet Construction: Key components, including fluorescent lamps, motor capacitor, electrical harness, electronic ballast, and switch control are mounted outside the airstream and away from contaminated air to permit service without decontamination.
J. Surround Air Intake Grill: All contaminated air is enclosed in the work area. No safety dead zone.
K. Optional Mounting Stand: Stand height of 26" (660 mm) creates work surface height of 29.4" (746 mm) for seated position. To configure height for standing position, contact Air Science.
Safety Interlock Feature: Activates the fan and fluorescent light in the cabinet automatically when the sash window is opened. The UV light is also automatically switched off during this time. When the window is fully closed, the UV light is switched on and the fluorescent lamp and fan are turned off automatically.
Standards Compliant: The Purair BIO undergoes 10 internal quality tests prior to leaving the factory, including pressure decay testing, downflow velocity testing and HEPA filter leak testing.
Full Product Support: The best value Class II Biological Safety Cabinet on the North American market supported by nationwide sales and service representatives.
Featured Purair BIO Models
Biological safety cabinet, 4'