GeneBio Systems' founder, Michael Ling is a professional researcher.
-BSc and MSc in Analytical Chemistry from major universities in China
-MSc and PhD from University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada
-Postdoc Fellow in Microbiology in Dr. Janet Wood's lab, University of Guelph, Ontario, Canada and in Human Genetics and Biochemistry in Dr. Brian Robinson's lab, Hospital for Sick Children, Toronto, Ontario, Canada
-Industrial product research and development experience,
- specifically in diagnostic method development using molecular biological approaches,
- served as R&D leader at Spectral Diagnostics, Tm Bioscience (Luminex), SQI Diagnostics, all in Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
- successfully launched IVD products (Cystic Fibrosis detection genetic test; Multiplex Rheumatoid Arthritis Assay etc.)
-Laboratory testing and product development experience at ViraCor-IBT
- focused on developing molecular diagnostics, immunoassays and cell-based assays (laboratory-based tests)
- served as executive product development leader
- successfully launched LDT tests
-Isothermal and PCR -based rapid test development
- developed real-time quantitative PCR tests at GeneBio Systems and our partner CustomBiologics, Ontario, Canada..
- developed prototype tests using our own DASL technology to detect c. difficile, Zika, Salmonella and other pathogens
-Published more than 30 scientific articles and inventor of 4 granted patents and several pending patent applications.
KanPro Research, Inc.
Lawrence, KS, U.S.A