We have conducted much research and used molecular biology approaches extensively, including cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, PCR of GC-rich and secondary structure targets, long PCR, fast PCR, high fidelity PCR, library construction, antibody engineering. See our a partial list of publications below.
We offer the following MLase(TM) certified molecular biology service items.
1. PCR: difficult templates (GC-rich, secondary structures, high AT), long PCR, high-fidelity PCR, fast PCR, large number of templates, miRNA and other RNA reverse transcription PCR etc.
2. Cloning: PCR products, restriction endonuclease fragments, synthetic DNA constructs into cloning vectors and expression vectors for E. coli, yeast, insect and mammalian expression.
3. Site-directed mutagenesis: point mutation, deletion and insertion mutation, multiple mutations, long inserts, GC-rich or simply difficult constructs
4. Library construction: we have producted large-repertoire libraries utilizing our optimized cloning, and competent cells, and transformation approaches.
5. Protein expression and purification: we can express and over-express your gene of interest in any of your expression systems of choice. We can also purify proteins and deliver the protein you need that meets your specifications.
6. Your other biology needs-including sequencing, troubleshooting, advice on cloning strategy, design, codon optimization, and ELISA etc.
You let us know what you need done by when and in what cost constraints, we will do our best to deliver the product or the data according to the specifications. If we do not deliver it, we will let you know ASAP and you do not pay!
Molecular products we played a key role in research, development and manufacturing:
1. DASL Rapid isothermal Amplification Assays, prototypes, technology patented, 2008-2018
2. Taqman, singleplex and 3plex realtime PCR Assays, commercialized, 2010-2018
3. Real-time PCR detection assays of viral pathogens, Sanger sequencing assays, commercialized, 2008-2010
4. Multiplexed microarray immunoassays, IVD, commercialized, 2006-2008.
5. Multiplexed molecular SNP assays, CFTR and personalized medicine,commercialized 2003-2006
6. recombinant human protein expression and purification, patented and published, antibody expression libraries and EST libraries, 1999-2003
Selected Molecular Biology Publications:
- M. A. Carbone, N. Mackay, M. LING, D.E.C. Cole, C. Douglas, Rigat, B., Feigenbaum, A., Clarke, J.T.R., Haworth, J.C., Greenberg, C.R., Seargeant, L. and B. H. Robinson (1998). Amerindian pyruvate carboxylase deficiency is associated with two distinct missense mutations, American Journal of Human Genetics. Jun; 62(6): 1312-1319.
- M. LING, McEachern, G., Seyda, A., MacKay, N., Scherer, S.W., Bratinova, S., Beatty, B., Giovannucci Uzielli, M.L., Robinson, B.H. (1998) Detection of a homozygous four base pair deletion in the protein X gene in a case of pyruvate dehydrogenase complex deficiency. Human Mol. Genetics., Mar; 7(3): 501-505.
- M. LING, F. Merante, HC. Chen and B. H. Robinson (1997). The human mitochondrial elongation factor Tu gene: cDNA Sequence, genomic localization, genomic structure, and identification of a pseudogene. Gene, 197 (12), 325-336.
- F. Merante, M. LING, HS. Chen and B. H. Robinson (1997). Cloning, characterization and localization of COX VIGL related genes. Genome 40 (3), 325-331.
- M. LING and B. H. Robinson (1996). Rapid construction of three fragment recombinant DNAs by PCR: Application for gene targeting in Saccharomyces Cerevisiae. Analytical Biochemistry, 242, 155-158.
- M. LING and B. Robinson (1995). A ONESTEP PCR method of site-directed mutagenesis of large gene cassettes with high efficiency, yield and fidelity. Analytical Biochemistry, 230, 167172.
- M. LING, F. Merante and B. H. Robinson (1995). A very rapid and reliable DNA preparation method of screening a large number of yeast clones by polymerase chain reaction. Nucleic Acids Research, 23, 4924-4925.
- M. LING, S. W. Allen and J. M. Wood (1994). Sequence analysis identifies the proline dehydrogenase and D1pyroline5carboxylate dehydrogenase domains of the multifunctional Escherichia coli PutA. Journal of Molecular Biology, 243, 950-956.